The School Room Teddington provides supportive tutoring for 11+ entrance exams, and focused and fun booster lessons for younger children
I am Janette Simpson, based in Teddington, a primary school teacher for over 30 years and a successful tutor for over 20 of those. I have three children and have worked in a number of different schools in three London boroughs, including Richmond. I support families to help them choose the right school for their children.
I offer tutoring for 11+ entrance exams as well as booster lessons to support school learning in mathematics and English. The 11+ teaching is geared towards entrance exams of all major selective schools. For September 2021 entry, tutees achieved 100% success in gaining a place at an independent school of choice.
We are really excited to introduce this new maths game which will guarantee mastery of all times tables through the old-fashioned game of SNAP! Full of colourful progress charts, stickers and animated instructions, it brings fun into learning.
- Give your child the best chance of passing the 11+ exam and going to the school of their choice.
- Fun and focused learning with a fun reward system for hard work and achievement.
- 2018-19: 95% success rate for entry to an independent school of choice and 50% success rate for entry to Tiffin
- These booster sessions are designed to offer expert support and build your child’s confidence.
- Mathematics and English lessons are both available.
- Help your child to be more motivated and achieve their goals at school.
New bootcamps for 2021
- Times Tables Bootcamp
- Grammar Bootcamp
Six week block lessons. More information to follow.