The School Room Teddington provides supportive tutoring for 11+ entrance exams, and focused and fun booster lessons for younger children
I am Janette Simpson, based in Teddington, a primary school teacher for over 30 years and a successful tutor for over 20 of those. I have three children and have worked in a number of different schools in three London boroughs, including Richmond. I support families to help them choose the right school for their children.
I offer tutoring for 11+ entrance exams as well as booster lessons to support school learning in mathematics and English. The 11+ teaching is geared towards entrance exams of all major selective schools. In 2018-19, we achieved 95% success rate for entry into an independent school of choice. In addition to this, 50% of our tutees who entered the Tiffin exam were offered places.
We are really excited to introduce this new maths game which will guarantee mastery of all times tables through the old-fashioned game of SNAP! Full of colourful progress charts, stickers and animated instructions, it brings fun into learning.
- Give your child the best chance of passing the 11+ exam and going to the school of their choice.
- Fun and focused learning with a fun reward system for hard work and achievement.
- 2018-19: 95% success rate for entry to an independent school of choice and 50% success rate for entry to Tiffin
- These booster sessions are designed to offer expert support and build your child’s confidence.
- Mathematics and English lessons are both available.
- Help your child to be more motivated and achieve their goals at school.
New bootcamps for 2021
- Times Tables Bootcamp
- Grammar Bootcamp
Six week block lessons. More information to follow.