The School Room Teddington provides supportive tutoring for 11+ entrance exams, and focused and fun booster lessons for younger children
I am Janette Simpson, based in Teddington, a primary school teacher for over 30 years and a successful tutor for over 20 of those. I have three children and have worked in a number of different schools in three London boroughs, including Richmond. I support families to help them choose the right school for their children.
I offer tutoring for 11+ entrance exams as well as booster lessons to support school learning in mathematics and English. The 11+ teaching is geared towards entrance exams of all major selective schools. In 2018-19, we achieved 95% success rate for entry into an independent school of choice. In addition to this, 50% of our tutees who entered the Tiffin exam were offered places.
Virtual lessons during Covid-19
As a result of school closures, The School Room Teddington is offering virtual tuition to support your child’s learning from home. Tuition available from Year 3 – Year 6 in English and maths.
- Give your child the best chance of passing the 11+ exam and going to the school of their choice.
- Fun and focused learning with a fun reward system for hard work and achievement.
- 2018-19: 95% success rate for entry to an independent school of choice and 50% success rate for entry to Tiffin
- These booster sessions are designed to offer expert support and build your child’s confidence.
- Mathematics and English lessons are both available.
- Help your child to be more motivated and achieve their goals at school.
By working with Janette, my child changed from being a quiet girl who lacked confidence, particularly in maths, into a motivated one with greater self-belief. Her teachers commented on the transformation, describing my daughter as far more enthusiastic and a courageous learner. Her results improved, leading to the perfect outcome – she gained a place in her first choice, independent secondary school.”