Booster Groups in Maths and English
What are these?
These sessions are designed to nurture a deeper understanding of number and language for children who lack confidence. I go at a steady pace, which gives children the opportunity to ask the questions they don’t like to ask in class. First and foremost, I ensure that your child is secure with the basics before extending and challenging them.
I am completely up to date with the changes in the national curriculum and am fully equipped to help your child meet the expectations in maths, writing, comprehension, spelling, punctuation and grammar. I have recently completed training in maths mastery within the primary curriculum and have experience in tutoring maths up to KS3 (Year 9).
What You Will Need to Know
- Weekly lesson of one hour in either English or Maths
- Small groups of 1:4 which allow for 1:1 interaction with your child
- I will assess your child in both maths and English before they begin the term with me
- Structured programme of study
- Teaching times Mon –Thurs:
- Fun rewards system which results in prizes being awarded for hard work as well as achievement
- I will give you half termly feedback about the progress your child is making
- £25 per child per hour
These booster sessions are designed to offer support and build your child’s confidence. I will help them to achieve more at school and help them to develop a greater sense of self by teaching them how invaluable their mistakes are within their learning journey. I will also teach them about the importance of perseverance in the pursuit of success.